All photos should reflect drought and its many impacts on our everyday life. The topic is broad and covers a wide range of drought related issues which can be found across Central and Eastern Europe.
- Amateur and professional photographers
- Residents in the following countries of Central and Eastern Europe - Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
- There is no age limit.
How to participate
You can submit your photo from 17 June (World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought) to 31 August 2014.
Details of the competition:
- The photograph should be original work, not published in previous contests.
- The participants should submit a photo in JPEG along with their name and a short description (up to 100 words) or a title in English or their native language.
- Each participant can submit up to three photos.
- Recommended minimum resolution 2400 x 1600 pixels.
- Deadline: 31 August 2014.
The photo which receives most likes will be the winner and the author will receive a compact digital camera. Second and third places will be awarded with digital data storage. Selection of the winners will take place in September 2014. The winners will be notified by e-mail.