SZCWP has a partnership base of 20 Partners.
- The SZWP has an elected board comprising a Chair, Secretary, Treasure and 6 members representing a wide range of stakeholders including an MP, school teacher, private sector and NGOs
Overview of Key & Recent Activities
Over the years, the Partnership has been engaged in a number of activities aimed at partnership building and enhancing the sharing of ideas and networking amongst institutions. These activities have included:
- After establishment the SZWP embarked upon supporting the development of the IWRM/WE Plan with the support of GWP and the Dutch government
- The key activities undertaken during the 2009-2013 have been limited but include an IWRM demonstration project that provided a better managed catchment and clean water to a rural water community
- The SZWP was focused on promoting IWRM principles within and amongst stakeholders including core government ministries and business
- SZWP facilitated a technical review of the IWRM Plan prepared by government with GWPSA support
- The IWRM Plan – called the Integrated Water Resources Master Plan as per the Water Act – was finalized in 2011 but has not been fully funded so only limited implementation has taken place.
- Government prepared a draft Water Policy in 2012 in which IWRM principles are strongly articulated. The policy is currently with the PPCU pending submission to Cabinet for approval.
- The SZWP was a key stakeholder mobilizing agent to ensure the Plan and Policy had broad buy-in by all water users and managers.
- RBAs were gazetted in 2008 with elected members in each. The RBAs are currently to be re-gazetted for further 5 years.
Further details on Swaziland CWP contact:
Chair: Leonard Ndlovu: email@example.com