Purpose of the workshop:
This workshop aims at promoting the exchange of experiences, knowledge sharing, capacity building, and other forms of cooperation on the common issue of transboundary cooperation, with a view to foster mutual trust and enhanced collaboration and build on the recently adopted 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development.
More precisely, with the support of selected international and regional experts, the workshop intends to:
- Bring together international and regional experts and practitioners active in the field of international water law and transboundary cooperation to share knowledge, experiences and expertise on key issues in their area of expertise
- Build trust and develop negotiation skills through relevant role plays/working group activities
- Develop inclusive approaches, which leave no one behind, notably involving civil society, women and youth
- Explore possible joint activities, context-specific solutions and way forward on knowledge exchange in international water law and transboundary cooperation
The workshop is targeted at:
- Water practitioners from across Asia active in transboundary cooperation;
- Regional and country coordinators of GWP across Asia;
- Members of women, youth and civil society organizations active in regional transboundary cooperation.