The GWP delegation to the UNFCCC negotiations in Durban, South Africa 28 November - 9 December 2011 (COP 17) is led by GWP Executive Secretary Dr Ania Grobicki, with representatives from GWP regions and GWPO, as well as the Executive Secretary of AMCOW, Mr Bai Mass Taal. GWP activity at COP17 includes a GWP booth where COP17 delegates can find more information, as well as the following events:
- Stakeholder Consultations on the Framework for Water Security and Climate Resilient Development, and AU Water Sector Monitoring Southern Africa consultations on 30 November (GWP, AMCOW, SADC, GIZ-AU, CDKN)
- Ensuring Water Security in Africa in the Face of a Changing Climate: Mainstreaming Water in Climate Change Talks, GWP Executive Secretary is a panelist in the side event on 1 December organised by AU, ECA and African Development Bank
- Water, Climate and Development Day on 3 December at the Africa Pavilion (in cooperation with AU, AMCOW, GWP, AfDB, WCC, UNECA) Report from the event.
- "Mobilising finance and investments for water security and climate resilience", GWP-AMCOW Side Event on 5 December 11:30-13:00 (in cooperation with AMCOW, IHA, CDKN and SIWI)
- High Level Round Table on Water, Climate Development on 6 December at the Africa Pavilion (in cooperation with AU, GWP, AMCOW, AfDB, WCC, UNECA)
Photo: Elias Freig (Manager of carbon finance and climate change, Mexico Commission on Water), Karin Lexén (Water and Climate Coalition), Simon Thuo (Regional Co-ordinator, GWP Eastern Africa), Adam Greenberg (YOUNGO and SustainUS COP17 Youth Delegate), Dr Ania Grobicki (GWP Executive Secretary), Bai Mass Taal (Executive Secretary, AMCOW), and Seleshi Bekele (Senior Climate and Water Specialist, African Climate Policy Centre, UNECA)