12-13 May 2011 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The aim of the conference is to formulate and agree upon a regional agenda for the 6th World Water Forum which is addressed to meet the Millennium Development Goals regarding the guaranteed and sustainable access of the society, economy, and nature to water.
The conference program corresponds to thematic scope of the 6th World Water Forum main directions. The World Water Council has set 12 thematic key priorities, of which the following are the most important for the region:
- Guarantee access to water services for all and the Right to Water
- Contribute to cooperation and peace
- Balance multiple uses through IWRM
- Ensure food security
- Improve the quality of water resources and ecosystems
- Respond to climate and global changes in an urbanizing world.
For all of them the prerequisites for success should be Good Governance, Financing for Water and Enabling Environment.
GWP Executive Secretary Dr Ania Grobicki will hold a key note speech, GWP Cacena Regional Coordinator Vadim Solokov will facilitate a discussion and Knowledge Management Officer Danka Thalmeinerova will do a presentation.