The organizers want to raise awareness of the inter-linkages between water and energy, and to contribute to a policy dialogue focusing on the range of issues related to the nexus of water and energy.
The key messages are:
- Water requires energy and energy requires water
- Supplies are limited and demand is increasing
- Saving energy is saving water. Saving water is saving energy
- The “bottom billion” urgently needs access to both water and sanitation services, and electricity
- Improving water and energy efficiency is imperative as are coordinated, coherent and concerted policies
Full information is available on the World Water Day 2014 homepage.