The purpose of the workshop is to provide a platform, for countries and United Nations entities, for sharing experiences and reviewing results from baseline data collection efforts, and for learning and preparing for future monitoring.
The expected results of the workshop are the following:
1. Exchange of experiences from SDG 6 baseline data collection in countries, including the identification of key success factors and challenges, with a specific focus on aspects related to: a. institutional structures and processes b. the analysis and use of data c. integration across SDG 6 d. sustainability of monitoring efforts
2. Feedback on the global compilation of SDG 6 baseline data in 2016/2017 by custodian agencies, both related to the compilation process and to the preliminary results
3. Feedback and awareness-raising on synthesized SDG 6 reporting and the need for alignment of national, regional and global reporting efforts
4. Fostering of communities of practice for SDG 6 monitoring (regional and technical)
5. Awareness-raising for country engagement in global monitoring in 2018 and beyond
6. Advice on priorities for the next phase of work of the UN-Water Integrated Monitoring Initiative for SDG 6 (2018-2021)