Below you can find some tips to optimize your daily water consumption and avoid wasting water resources.
- Turn off the bathroom tap while you wash your hands, brush your teeth or shave
- Don't leave the kitchen tap running when you wash the dishes
- Choose a quick shower over a bath
- Start the washing machine and the dishwasher only when they are full
- Install low-cost water-saving devices on your home taps
- Use dual flush buttons on your toilets
- Select flowers suitable for the arid climate of the Mediterranean requiring small quantities of water
- Water your garden early in the morning or late in the evening to avoid water evaporation
- Prefer drip irrigation that optimizes water use
- Make sure to frequently maintain your watering system
- Wash your car, motorbike or bicycle using a bucket instead of a hose
- Rinse your terrace, balcony or pavement when necessary using a bucket instead of a hose
- Check your house for leakages often; an easy way is to do so is by monitoring the activity of your water meter when no water-related activity is going on
- Notify the authorities or the person in charge if you come across a leakage in a public or private space.
- Encourage your friends and family to adopt a water-saving behavior, particularly in areas when water resources are limited.
Find this text in Greek here