The Conference contributed to the activities of the Mediterranean Component of the EU Water Initiative (MED EUWI) and the GEF MedPartnership and aimed:
- To provide a platform for multi-stakeholder dialogue on priorities and needed synergies for advancing non-conventional water resources management in the Mediterranean, including within the political frameworks of the European Neighborhood Policy, the Union for the Mediterranean, the Barcelona Convention, the League of Arab States, etc.
- To elaborate in particular on the role of the private sector in advancing the agenda of non-conventional water resources.
- To share best practices and lessons learned from local applications in the Mediterranean region.
- To brainstorm on ideas for regional, sub-regional or trans-national projects in NCWR in the Mediterranean.
- To discuss ways to enhance awareness raising, stakeholders’ involvement and pilot application, including through corporate social responsibility programmes.
The Conference contributed as:
- replication event of the GEF Strategic Partnership for the Mediterranean Large Marine Ecosystems (GEF MedPartnership).
- regional consultation event within the preparations of the 6th World Water Forum, Marseilles, March 2012.
- outreach event of the ‘Mission Water’ Corporate Social Responsibility Programme of Coca Cola HBC Greece and Coca Cola Hellas.
NCWRM Conference Participants List Final
For Presentations click here
For Photos click here