The theme of the Forum is "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies".
The set of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be reviewed in depth will be the following:
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
GWP at HLPF
On 9 July, Member States will make interventions during the official review of Goal 6. For these interventions, GWP will be communicating messages from the countries where the network has been active as part of the SDG6 IWRM Support Programme - GWP has facilitated advanced SDG reporting in over 30 countries.
GWP’s Central America Coordinator, Fabiola Tábora, will present progress in Honduras and GWP’s Steering Committee Member Mina Guli will deliver a keynote. GWP Executive Secretary Monika Weber-Fahr will moderate a panel at a UN-Water/World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP) side event on the SDG 6 Synthesis Report.
On 11 July, Monika Weber-Fahr will be on a panel on the topic of "Water and faith communities towards achieving SDG 6". The aim is to foster partnerships and showcase best practice between faith-based organisations and the water sector to achieve SDG 6.
On 13 July, GWP is invited to participate in the Partnership Exchange session “Building an effective monitoring framework system for partnerships”.