The Interdrought VII (IDVII) conference is the first on the African continent to continue exchanges and debates on a multidisciplinary approach, maintaining a global perspective on drought issues.
Droughts have a global impact on crop production. A key challenge for researchers and policymakers is to develop technologies that improve agricultural production resilience in the face of this particular environmental stress.
The event will take place in Dakar, Senegal, from November 28 to December 2, 2022.
The conference programme includes the following topics:
- Combating drought: A multi-dimensional challenge
- Water access/ availability to drought
- Maximizing water access / availability to plant
- Increasing water use efficiency with a crop focus
- Increasing the efficiency of water use with a farm system focus
- Innovating to find solution to drought at scale for small holder farmers – Where we want to be 4 years from now