The aim of the competition is to support youth in leading and organising water management activities, as well as to develop capacity and skills.
We want young people to share concrete actions that are being done at the national and regional level and provide youth with an incentive to continue best practices in water and climate change, already in place. With the competition, we would like to contribute to expanding the momentum gained since COP 21 in terms of moving the recommendations from talk to action.
- Application period: 14 September – 14 October 2016
- Announcement of Results on the Youth Portal page and Facebook: 28 October 2016
- Implementation Duration: January – June 2017
- Five grant awards of €1,000 each are available for youth-led projects which are based on the white paper recommendations made at COP 21.
- The awards can be used for new projects or partially funded projects that are already under implementation.
- The funds can be transferred either directly to the winning entity or through GWP regional and country offices. Final decisions will be made upon discussions with winning projects.
Your Proposal should not exceed 3 pages and include:
- Project Scope: The challenges that the project aims to address, scope of work to address the challenge, location, and objectives
- Project Team and associated partners including at least one GWP Partner organization or Regional Water Partnership/Country Water Partnership
- Timeline: Activities, dates, and budget
- Relevant Monitoring and Evaluation process and indicators: Can be further finalized once the project has been selected.
- Potential risks and mitigation
- Should be youth-led activities/project and include youth participation across all aspects of the project
- Projects have to be results oriented (clear objectives)
- Projects have to be locally based and owned activities that contribute to building skills and leadership of young people
- Strategic criteria: Focus on development context in at least 1 of 4 themes of the white paper
- Social innovation and entrepreneurship ideas are encouraged
- The applicant cannot be a for-profit entity
Selection committee comprises GWP Global Secretariat, GWP Regions, and initiative partners.
How to apply
All interested applicants should send their project proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 October.