- finalization and operationalization of the water development and management plan for the Mekrou sub-basin in Niger and definition of pilot implementation initiatives; and
- The establishment, operationalization, coordination and monitoring of the functioning of the integrated water resources management bodies in the Mekrou sub-basin.
The Regional Project manager taking part in this session will take the opportunity to :
- review with the PM team the operational implementation of the project ;
- discuss potential synergies to be developed in the implementation of the project and other ongoing and future initiatives in Niger and in the sub-region (AFD and GiZ);
- discuss potential synergies to be developed with other ongoing initiatives in the intervention zone;
- take stock of the implementation of the recommendations of the Project Steering Committee and agree on a roadmap for the organization of the next Steering Committee meeting scheduled for March 2021.