To ensure an effective implementation of the activities for the supply, the installation, the works and the commissioning of the equipment for the protection and a judicious and sustainable use of the natural resources of the sub-basin of the Mekrou in Niger, the Project Management Team carried a mission to hand over the sites to the two adjudicating companies of the contracts to supply, install, operate and commission the equipment for the protection and a sustainable use of the natural resources in the six villages of the sub-basin of the Mekrou Niger portion of the basin. This mission was succesfully carried out and is been monitored to ensure an effective implementation.
Social intermediation activities
In the field, the animators recruited by the NGO Taimakon Manoma carry out social intermediation activities.
In Tamou the activities carried out during the month of August include:
- The sensitization of the Water Users Associations (WUA) in the villages benefiting from the pilot actions of the project.
- Continued establishment of WUAs in the villages of Séno-konkodjé, Djagoga in the commune of Tamou.
- Pursuing the sensitization of WUAs in the villages benefiting from the pilot actions of the Mékrou2 project.
In the commune of kirtachi, activities include :
- Continuing the set up of WUAs in the other villages of the commune.
- Sensitizating the beneficiaries of the project's pilot actions.
And in the commune of Falmey, the following was done :
- Continued social mobilization for the establishment of WUAs;
- Organizing General meeting for the establishment of WUAs.