GWP SA’s competitive strength lies in its capacity to bring together stakeholders and mobilize its regional and national multi-stakeholder platforms with a view to such purposes as:
- Facilitating the mainstreaming of IWRM principles and approaches in national development planning processes;
- Identifying IWRM training needs and target groups for training;
- Informing IWRM research priorities and policy content;
- Facilitating access to IWRM knowledge, contributing to “state of the art” understanding and bridging knowledge gaps; and
- Providing vehicles for stakeholder consultation and pools of technical expertise in regional and national water policy development and implementation processes, thereby imparting greater credibility, legitimacy and best-practice knowledge to such processes.