The Pegasys Institute is looking to employ a Research Associate who shares the social justice and transformational value system of the Institute, and who has at least a Masters degree (preferably a PhD) and 7 – 12 years of experience in one or more of the following sectors:
- Energy (renewable, low carbon etc)
- Sustainable cities
- Rural development
- Agriculture (particularly smallholder agriculture)
The position is based in Pretoria (but we can possibly make a plan around a Cape Town posting). Applicants should have a valid South African work permit. The position requires capabilities in:
- Research, analysis, thinking out of the box
- Excellent writing, advocacy and communication skills
- Project development and acquisition, and fund raising.
The incumbent must be willing to travel extensively. Ideally the incumbent should have an excellent network with funders and experts in Sub-Saharan Africa. The incumbent will need to be able to work well under pressure.
Please send your CV, covering letter and details of 2 referees to Yvonne@Pegasys.co.za