We invite both professional journalists and everyone whose publications and photographs, broadcast audio and video materials (reports, interviews and any other journalistic materials) posted in the “paper” and electronic media, contribute to strengthening the partnership in water resources management.
Your work will become known to a wide range of specialists and to civil society in our region, which includes Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. This is a good chance in the future to establish partnerships and take part in joint projects to promote the principles of public involvement and cooperation in water resources management.
The content should meet the following modalities:
- from negative to positive language,
- from confrontation to cooperation,
- from a description of problems, to a description of ways to solve problems and practical actions (projects),
- from general phrases, cliches and labels to specific (not global) ideas, extremely precise professional formulations and rejection of false negative stereotypes.
The winners will be selected in five nominations:
• Best publication in print media
• Best radio broadcast
• Best TV show
• Best online publication
• Best Photography (two podcasts: professional photography and “shot with a smartphone”)
Materials should be issued from March 22 to October 22, 2021 on one of the following topics:
1. Improving approaches to water resources management in the context of adaptation to climate change and environmental protection;
2. Progress in ensuring access to safe drinking water and sanitation;
3. The role of science, technological innovation and private investment in improving water resources management;
4. Progress in involving civil society in water resources management.
Submission period begins on March 22, 2021 and will last until October 23, 2021.
Before submitting your application, read the Competition terms and conditions (download here).
Submission should be sent to the Organizing Committee by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .