At the progression towards adaptation to water and climate change, India Water Partnership (IWP) in collaboration with Global Water Partnership South Asia (GWP SAS), Asia Pacific Adaptation Network (APAN), Water and Power Consultancy Services (WAPCOS) and SAARC Disaster Management Centre (SDMC) is organising a Regional Day – GWP SAS “From Risk to Resilience: South Asia Regional Framework for Sustainable Water Management” on 15 January at the India Water Week 2015.
The event seeks to draw upon regional experience, knowledge and case studies to discuss how the efficient management of water can assist in creating a more resilient society to climate change and natural disasters.
Achieving Urban Water Security Through an Integrated Urban Water Management approach 16 January 2015
A workshop-cum-training programme on Achieving urban water security through Integrated Urban Water Management (IUWM) approach is scheduled for 16 January organising by GWP in collaboration with IWP and WAPCOS limited. At the workshop perspective on urban water and sanitation sector challenges in India will be assessed by the stakeholders and IUWM approach introduced by the experts followed by discussion on waste water management, integrated flood management and relevance of the IUWM approach in the country level.
A side event on “Role of Youth in Sustainable Water Management” 14 January 2015
The panel discussion would focus on;
- Sustainable water management and capturing the imagination of youth to make them active partners in sustainable water management
- Role of youth in building software community for equitable distribution networks like dynamic and real time regulation and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) applications in water resources
- Use of social media and other communication channels to engage youth
- Educating youth on their role in sustainable water management at trainings
- Role of youth in policy planning and implementation
- Empowering youth via capacity building, having multi-disciplinary and participatory approaches and learning from the peers.