The SC consists of nine (9) members. In addition to the 9 members of the SC, the GWP-C Network Officer from the Global Water Partnership (GWP) Organisation in Stockholm, Sweden and the GWP-C Host Institution representative serve as ex-officio members on the Committee.
Every year 3 positions on the SC will be open for a new partner to be elected. In order to qualify to be on the SC, your organisation must be a partner of GWP-C.
Some of the responsibilities of the SC include:
Overseeing the implementation of the policies and principles governing GWP-C.
Helping to mobilise resources for the GWP-C work programme.
Overseeing and reviewing the implementation of the approved work programme and budget of GWP-C and making appropriate recommendations to the General Assembly.
- Assisting the General Assembly and Secretariat on all substantive matters including co-operation with affiliates and network partners.
- Doing all things necessary to promote the objectives and functions of GWP-C.
Steering Committee Members
The current members of the GWP-C Steering Committee are:
- Trevor Thompson - Ministry of Agriculture of Grenada (Chair)
- Kevon Rhiney - Department of Geography and Geology (DOGG) of The University of the West Indies (UWI) Mona Campus (Vice Chair)
- Judy Daniel - Environmental Advisors Inc. (EAI)
- Cyprian Gibson - Water and Sewerage Corporation (WSC) of The Bahamas
- Angela Munroe
- Reginald Burke - Caribbean Youth Environment Network (CYEN)
- Joyce Thomas Peters - Grenada Community Development Agency (GRENCODA)
- Dr. Paulette Bynoe - University of Guyana
- Aldrin Calixte - Haiti Survie