What makes GWP-C unique?
Some of the reasons why GWP-C is distinctive:
- It recognises that an integrated approach is necessary to manage finite water resources in order to satisfy the expanding and conflicting needs of different sectors.
- It recognises that a multi-sectoral approach to managing water resources is crucial.
- It is dedicated to the principles of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM).
- It recognises the importance of networking, knowledge sharing and co-operation particularly with respect to capacity-building; the documentation and dissemination of best practices; the promotion of public education and awareness; and the conduct of applied research and development in improving water governance.
- It has the support of a global partnership which comprises of over 2700 partners worldwide which is essentially a global network of stakeholders who all adhere to the principles of IWRM.
- The partnership is incorporated via Statutes in which principles for operation follow an IWRM philosophy and that of good governance.