In 2021, the Global Water Partnership and UNEP-DHI Centre jointly developed a progress report on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) in the Asia-Pacific Region. This report is expected to provide the basis for further regional collaboration to take action on the critical next steps needed to work towards achieving full IWRM implementation by 2030. This is in line with the Yangon Declaration made by Leaders of the Asia-Pacific region at the Third Asia-Pacific Water Summit in 2017, which committed to achieving the water-related Sustainable Development Goals and targets, and to facilitating the implementation of IWRM to achieve water security for sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region.
The key results, findings and recommendations of the SDG 6.5.1 Progress Report in Asia-Pacific will be presented in a joint webinar organized in partnership with the Asia Pacific Water Forum on March 2nd 2022. Two countries, The Philippines and Georgia, will share their experiences in using the results and findings of IWRM monitoring and how they can be mainstreamed in government processes. At the end of session, UNEP-DHI and ADB as panelist will discuss a “call for action” to encourage countries and those responsible for implementing IWRM to understand that urgent action is needed at all levels to work toward achieving full IWRM implementation by 2030, in the Asia-Pacific Region. The outcome of the discussion from the webinar is intended to feed into the 4th Asia Pacific Water Summit in April 2022.
Date : Wednesday, March 2nd 2022, 9 am – 10 am Tbilisi time / 12 pm – 1 pm Jakarta Time/ 1 pm – 2 pm Manila time/ 2 pm – 3 pm Tokyo Time / 4 pm – 5 pm Sydney Time / 6 pm – 7 pm Auckland time
- Ms. Megan Knight, Senior IWRM Expert, Global Water Partnership Pan Asia
- Mr. Paul Glennie, Senior Technical Advisor - UNEP-DHI Centre on Water & Environment
- Dr. Sevillo D. David, Jr., Executive Director, National Water Resources Board, The Philippines
- Ms. Gvantsa Sivsivadze, First Category Senior Specialist at Water Division Environment and Climate Change Department, Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia.
- Mr. Lance Gore, Principal Water Resources Specialist, ADB.
- Mr. Fany Wedahuditama, Regional Coordinator, Global Water Partnership Southeast Asia (GWPSEA)
Participants: AWPF members and extended participant to SDG 6.5.1 country focal points/ government officials working in water management
Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ZvMm0mouSYOkwi0G3zfR7w