Applications are now open for the 2nd GWP-C WAY scheduled to take place between the period July – September 2023. GWP-C WAY is a 3-month training programme for young Caribbean persons between the ages of 20 – 35 with a keen interest in water resources management.
The main objectives of the GWP-C WAY are to:
- Provide capacity-building opportunities to empower young Caribbean leaders to influence positive holistic action to address Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) challenges in a Caribbean context.
- Support young Caribbean leaders through theme-specific pairing (mentoring) with our regional partners to address local water-related issues.
- Establish at least one (1) youth IWRM focal point per participating country.
- Integrate into our network GWP-C WAY IWRM Ambassadors and the GWP-C National Youth IWRM Focal Points to represent youth at national and regional activities and to contribute to the work of the GWP-C.
- Promote action by youth through evidence-based interventions, utilising the knowledge and problem-solving skills acquired from the GWP-C WAY.
Some of the core capacity-building areas within the 2023 GWP-C WAY include:
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Communication Tools and Techniques in Water Resources Management
- Project Concept Note Development
- Scientific Writing
- Business Development and Innovation
We encourage participation from persons who fit the following criteria:
- Young persons from the Caribbean between 20 and 35 years old at the time of application.
- Education attained should be an associate degree or higher.
- Young Caribbean leaders with an interest in water-related issues.
- Proficient and able to communicate effectively in English.
- Citizen and resident of a Caribbean/CARICOM country.
Interested candidates for the 2023 GWP-C WAY must apply using this online form: https://forms.gle/N8vpvytqB3REaf9EA by June 4th, 2023, at midnight (AST).
Note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
For any assistance or questions related to GWP-C WAY and the application process, please get in touch with the GWP-C Secretariat at: firstname.lastname@example.org.