Global Water Partnership (GWP), invites interested individuals to submit their applications to be an African Water Investment Programme (AIP) Reference Group Expert Member. Details of the GWP AIP are provided in the documents below:
A total of ten experts will be selected for this reference group. Five positions will be reserved for experts from the African regions (Central, Eastern, North, Southern and West). The other five positions will target international experts. Expertise is required in the following areas:
- Gender transformation approaches
- Climate resilience/climate adaptation/climate policy
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)/water security
- Water, energy, land and ecosystems nexus
- Political Economic Analysis
- Investment promotion
- Project preparation and financing
- Community-level engagement
- Investment Transaction Advisory experience in water
- Monitoring and evaluation
An application will be deemed admissible only if it is sent by the deadline and includes the documents referred to below.
- A letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae (CV) in electronic format (preferably.pdf), not exceeding four pages.
As the working language of the expert panel is English, all applications must be completed in English.
Interested applicants are required to meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in the relevant areas of expertise
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience related to the area of expertise being applied for
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management processes and providing technical oversight to complex projects
Preference will be given to applicants currently domiciled in one of the Member States in that region. English proficiency is a must.
To read more about this position and how to apply, please click here.