The Global Water Partnership Mediterranean is seeking to hire an Individual Consultant in the framework of the project ‘Making Water Cooperation Happen in the Mediterranean’, in relation to the “Enhancement of institutional capacity for the management of NWSAS: Detailed Institutional, Legal and Governance Settings“ in the NWSAS basin.
The background of the Project and details about the duties are provided in the Terms of Reference in Annex I.
Type of Contract: Service Contract: the successful candidate will be contracted by GWP-Med’s Host Institute, MIO-ECSDE a civil non-profit society based in Greece
Duty Station: Tunis, Tunisia
Period of assignment/services: 4 months
Occupation: Part time engagement
Application deadline: 25th April 2018
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a global action network of partner organisations supporting countries and regions in their vision for a water secure world. GWP´s mission is to advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development. Since 1996 when it was launched, GWP has grown into a network of over 3,000 Partner organisations, 13 Regional Water Partnerships and 87 Country Water Partnerships worldwide. Since 2000, GWP holds inter-governmental status (Global Water Partnership Organisation). For more information: www.gwp.org
The Global Water Partnership – Mediterranean (GWP-Med) is responsible for the Mediterranean region, covering countries of the Near East, North Africa, Southeastern Europe and the European Union. GWP-Med is legally represented by the Mediterranean Information Office for Environment, Culture and Sustainable Development (MIO-ECSDE), holding non-governmental organization (NGO) status, based on a Host Institute Agreement between GWPO and MIO-ECSDE. GWP-Med is serviced by the GWP-Med Secretariat. For more information: www.gwpmed.org
- 1. Application procedure
Applicants are requested to study carefully the Terms of Reference provided in Annex I.
Interested candidates can apply by sending not later than 25th April 2018
- An e-mail to the attention of Mr. Ali Karnib (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the indication ‘‘Enhancement of institutional capacity for the management of NWSAS: Detailed Institutional, Legal and Governance Settings” in the subject, attaching the Technical Note consisting of the following documents:
- A Cover letter explaining why they are a suitable candidate for the advertised position, describing their experience, qualifications and competencies responding to the position’s needs. Contents should focus on the background and experience relative to the position’s requirements. The cover letter should be 1 page max.
- Their detailed CV, using the model CV form provided in Annex III, including past experience in similar projects and contact details of referees.
- Send by post to the GWP-Med address 12, Kyrristou str., 105 56 Atehns, Greece by the set deadline in a sealed envelop with the indication Financial Offer for the ‘‘Individual Consultancy Services on Options Regarding Enhanced Transboundary Cooperation Arrangements” , their Financial Offer specifying a total lump sum amount (Annex IV). The maximum available budget for this contract is 9.900 Euro, including all taxes.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested information.
2. Evaluation Procedure
Applications will be examined by an evaluation committee as follows:
A) The Committee will examine the applications and accompanying CVs and motivation letter received in relation to the qualifications listed in the TORs. Applications which do not meet the required qualifications will be excluded from further evaluation. The remaining applications will be further evaluated by the Evaluation Committee, concluding with a short list.
B) The Evaluation Committee may decide to hold personal interviews with the short-listed applicants. Applicants called to an interview may be requested to submit in printed format prior to their interview all documentation supporting their declared qualifications.
C) The final evaluation will be based on the evaluation of the technical and financial offer. The candidate to be selected will be the one evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive to the procedure described herein;
- Compliant to the ToR of the post;
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted criteria (see below)
Technical Criteria - max. 100 points:
• Criteria A – Academic Qualifications/Education as indicated under the ToR section entitled “Qualification and Experience” (max points: 20)
• Criteria B – Required Experience as indicated under the ToR section entitled “Qualification and Experience”, and evaluation of the motivation letter (max points: 30).
• Criteria C – Number of similar projects as indicated under the ToR section entitled “Qualification and Experience” (max points: 50)
For the overall score (OS) which will determine the ranking of offers, technical evaluation will be weighted with 70%, financial offer with 30%.
The final listing of the most advantageous offers will be made on the basis of the following formula:
OSi = 0,7* (TNi/TNmax ) + 0,3 * (FOmin /FOi).
With TN: Technical Note
And FO: Financial Offer
For further information or clarification, please contact: email@example.com
Athens 11 April 2018
The Chairman of GWP-Med
Prof. Michael Scoullos