Date Posted : 5 March 2021
Closing Date : 28 March 2021
Position Title : Deputy Regional Coordinator
Duration : 1 year – expected to start as early as possible (with possible extension)
Offered Salary : 1.400 Euro/month (including tax)
Other benefits : 50 Euro/month (Social benefits)
Application Type : Open application for Southeast Asian nationals**
SCOPE FOR THE POSITION
The Deputy Regional Coordinator (RC) supports the Regional Coordinator of the Regional Secretariat based in Jakarta and is accountable to the Regional Coordinator, inter alia:
To support the implementation of the Regional Work Programme, strategic direction and development and ensuring the support to the GWP Regional Water Partnership and the GWP Country Water Partnerships in the region to achieve their goals to attain water security.
To support maintaining a close and effective relationship with GWPO in relation to planning, implementation, reporting, financial management, administration of the Regional Work Programme.
To support monitoring the performance of the host institution based on the Host Institution Agreement.
The ideal candidate for the position of Deputy Regional Coordinator should have the following qualifications and abilities:
- Bachelor degree and above in any or combination of the following fields: natural science, water management, economics, development studies, environmental and social sciences, engineering or any equivalent educational background.
- At least 5-7 years relevant experience in working with implementing large development programmes. The candidate must be familiar with and have sound knowledge and skills of planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes mainly in the field of water resources management and environment.
- Knowledge of the international context of IWRM and the major international organisations involved, including the aid agencies will be an added advantage.
- Strong managerial leadership skills are essential including excellent organizational and analytical capabilities, setting priorities, take initiatives and complete work plan deadlines.
- A flexible, diplomatic, friendly and cooperative personality with a sensitive approach to national and regional political environments.
- Ability to network at high political levels and across the Region to secure financing for the Regional Water Partnership.
- Good understanding of national governments economic development processes and experience of working with governmental development programmes.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Knowledge of other regional languages is an advantage.
- Effective PC skills (Excel, Word, power point, etc.).
- Not a person who has served as Chair or SC member of GWP Southeast Asia. Persons who have served as Chair or SC member cannot become the Deputy Regional Coordinator to allow for new expertise in the management of regional affairs.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications accepted in English only and only through the online application system: https://gwp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45
- Strictly 4-page CV maximum and 1-page cover/motivation letter a must.
- This contract is offered for 1-year. The appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
- Email applications will not be accepted
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com
- Applications should be submitted electronically not later than 23:59 (Jakarta time) on 28 March 2021.
- This call is open to any individual in the Southeast Asia region, with a nationality of one of the GWP Southeast Asia region countries indicated above.
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Applications from non-South East Asian nationals as listed above, will not be considered
JOB TITLE : Senior IWRM Expert for the PAN-ASIA Region Programme
SUPERVISOR : Regional Coordinator of Global Water Partnership Southeast Asia
CONTRACT MODALITY : Part-time consultancy with fixed number of days for the duration of contract (9 months contract: two days per week, with salary range from
1,500 - 2,000 euro/month, including tax)
CONTRACT DURATION : April – December 2021 (with prospect of extension pending availability of funding)
LOCATION : Home-based, preferably in Asia region
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 14th , 2021
Please kindly find the Term of Reference here.
Learn more about the SDG 6 IWRM Support Programme here.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and 1-page personal interest letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email subject clearly indicating “Senior IWRM Expert for the Pan Asia Region Programme”. Applications should be submitted electronically not later than by 23.59 (Jakarta time) on 14 March 2021.
- This call is open to any individual with residency or nationality in the Pan Asia region countries.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the application deadline for an online interview with the selection committee
- Relevant advanced university degree (minimum master degree), preferably in hydrology, water resources, public policy or topic relevant for natural resources management.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience within or interfacing with the water sector, working at both a technical and governance level, preferably in IWRM.
- Solid experience in programme development, fundraising and partnership development in the regions.
- Demonstrated experience in working to achieve the water-related SDGs.
- Knowledge of the context of water resources management in the region.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Additional advantage: candidate with proficiency in Russian are encouraged to apply.