Under the theme "Asia Focus in Stockholm World Water Week 2019" four sessions on water cycle management, rural water and sanitation, governance and inclusive development, and finance will be held. These sessions are all in line with the Yangon Declaration: Pathway Forward adopted by government leaders at the 3rd Asia Pacific Water Summit (APWS) in december in December 2017.
1. Water Cycle Management: Towards Water Security in Asia and Pacific (Tuesday, 27 Aug: 14.00 - 15.30)
2. Inclusive Asia-Pacific Rural Water and Sanitation: Pathway to the SDGs (Tuesday, 27 Aug: 16.00 - 17.30)
GWP-SEA regional Coordinator will present a case study on "Precision Targeting in Delivering Safe Water and Sanitation Services: Water and Sanitation Household-based E-survey in Indonesia
3. Strengthening Governance to Address Asia's Water Challenges (Wednesday, 28 Aug: 09.00 - 10.30)
4. Inclusive Financing for Water (Wednesday, 28 Aug: 01.00 - 12.30)
5. Showcase: Water Security for All: Asian Water Development Outlook 2020 (Wednesday, 28 Aug: 12.00 - 12.45)
The details can be seen on this document.
In addition to that, ADB will also hold several session on 27 and 29 August 2019. The details can be seen on this document.
27 August, Tuesday
- Youth Participating in Water Security: Examples from Asia and the Pacific
- Water Cycle Management: Towards Water Security in Asia and Pacific
- Inclusive Asia-Pacific Rural Water and Sanitation: Pathways to the SDGs
28 August, Wednesday
- Strengthening Governance to Address Asia’s Water Challenges
- Inclusive Financing for Water
- Mobilizing Financial Resources for Transboundary Water Resources Management and Cooperation
29 August, Thursday
- Water Governance with and for All: Is it Working? Session 1: Water Governance 2.0: Law and Accountability
- Water Governance with and for All: Is it Working? Session 2: Can Changing the Rules Give More Equal Access?
- Showcase: Water Security for All: Asian Water Development Outlook 2020
- Innovation: Business as Unusual. Session 3: The Pitch: Accelerating Innovation
- Towards a Working Market for Green Infrastructure