The President must :
- Be an honest, respected and influential person, with strong networks within government, the private sector, NGOs and donors in the region;
- Be willing and able to devote time to support and guide the work of the Regional Secretariat;
- Possess relevant expertise in sustainable development issues, to effectively support the implementation process of the IWRM approach as promoted by the GWP;
- Have knowledge and commitment to the mission, principles and values of the GWP network;
- Be committed to gender mainstreaming in all operational aspects of GWP-CAf;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders at all levels;
- Be able to maintain objectivity in managing regional challenges and issues without favouring a particular issue or question in the countries of the region;
- Be a flexible, diplomatic and cooperative personality, sensitive to regional and national political issues, cultural and social differences;
- Have an experience in fundraising at the national, sub-regional and regional levels.
Applications and proposals must be received by the GWP-CAf Secretariat no later than 11 October 2019. Applications must include a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae with the contacts of at least two reference persons. Applications should be sent to the e-mail address of the GWP-CAf Secretariat (email@example.com) with a copy to the Chair of the GWP-CAf at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Female applications are strongly encouraged.