Under the responsibility of the GWP-CAf Regional Coordinator, the Regional Technical Assistant's main mission will be to support the implementation of the Central African Republic's GCF readiness program which started in June 2022. He/she will also support the implementation of other programs in the organization's portfolio.
As a member of the GWP-CAf team, the Technical Assistant will also contribute to the network's resource mobilization, partnership building, and knowledge management efforts.
1. Required qualifications and experience
Interested candidates should have at least the following qualifications and experience:
- Master's degree (Bac+05) in natural resource management, climate finance, environmental management, or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in natural resource management (with a focus on climate adaptation project management and implementation), with at least some experience working at the regional level;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating consultants, events, and multi-stakeholder platforms;
- Demonstrated understanding of Central African countries' national contexts, water resources management, climate change impacts, climate vulnerability, natural resources management and related issues;
- Understanding of the institutional and policy environment around water management, climate change, and sustainable development in Central Africa;
- Knowledge of climate change financing mechanisms such as the Green Climate Fund, Global Environment Facility, Adaptation Fund, and others is an advantage;
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming in development planning and climate resilience is an advantage;
- Experience in resource mobilization and partnership building in the region is an advantage;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks;
- Proven ability to organize and facilitate capacity-building activities in climate change, water, or related fields at different levels (local-national-regional);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English;
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills, including the ability to synthesize complex information into documents for both policy and technical experts;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to work independently;
- Extensive computer literacy - proficiency in office and remote work applications - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint ...) - Zoom;
- Flexibility, creativity, and efficiency in working collaboratively in a multicultural team environment.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and achieving results with minimal supervision. Proven ability to work within a results-oriented team.
- Available to travel frequently on short notice.
2. How to apply
- Interested candidates should prepare and submit a letter of interest (addressed to the GWP-CAf Chair) and curriculum vitae (with names and contact information of references) to through the web address https://cameroon.panda.org/apply_to_a_job/apply_to_ajob/with a copy to email@example.com indicating "Application for the position of Regional Technical Assistant GWP-CAf".
- Applications must be submitted electronically by October 24th, 2022, at 11:59 PM (Cameroon time). This call for applications is open to any national of the region resident in Cameroon for the duration of the contract. The countries in the GWP CAf region are Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, Republic of Congo, Sao Tome & Principe, and Chad.
For more details, please consult the Terms of Reference (ToRs)