SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
The Young Professional will have a technical assistance role in support of WACDEP-G implementation, which will relate in particular to the following aspects:
Support to WACDEP-G programme inception (15%):
- Technical and administrative support to the organization of a country national workshop to review the analyses carried out (gender analysis and capacity needs assessment) and to draft the programme interventions with stakeholders
- Technical support to the development of a detailed work plan, budget and capacity building plan for WACDEP-G implementation in a country of the region
Contribution to WACDEP-G programme implementation (75%):
- Technical and administrative contribution to implementation of the project components, with a particular focus on:
- Identification of regional organizations that implement innovative financing instruments that hold the promise for gender transformation in water, and support engagement with them
- Development of a regional leadership training programme for young women and men in science and engineering in collaboration with the Water and Climate Network of Central African Youth Organisations
- Contribute to regional initiatives led by GWP-CAf for supporting partner institutions to access climate finance, including contribution to preparation of related proposals (collection of background information, liaison with contributors, drafting parts of the documents, review of the proposals) and technical and administrative support to organization of workshops and meetings with key actors
- Collaboration with partners in Cameroon to implement a field project on Gender.
Contribution to monitoring, reporting and communication activities related to WACDEP-G (10%), including:
- Collection and editing of the information requested for the monitoring of implementation
- Contribution to the drafting of GWP CAf activity reports and reporting to GWPO
- Contribution to the preparation of technical notes, presentations, reviewed articles through synthesizing learning from the programme
- Proposals for web articles
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Young professional motivated by development and by the environment, with knowledge and interest in the management of natural resources and/ or climate adaptation and/or gender and development.
- Must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in natural resources management and/or development
- Knowledge of climate adaptation, or gender equity, or water resources management will be an advantage
- Excellent analytical and writing skills and very good organisational and task management skills, demonstrated team work skills and ability to work independently
- At least 2 years’ experience, and experience in supporting the development and/or implementation of international development programmes, or working with International Development Cooperation Agencies, will be an advantage
- Language: Fluency in French required. Ability to understand professional documentation in English also required; Good oral and writing skills in English
- Professionalism: Service-oriented work style, with strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively and harmoniously at all levels. Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate interest, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues.
- Planning and Organizing: appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time and to deliver towards deadlines. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
- E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern office technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Ability to do internet research, compile information and find solutions online to information gaps is essential.
- Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility. Ability to “lead from behind” and work without direct authority to deliver timely and high-quality products.
- Personal: A good sense of humour. Love for nature, its beauty and its resources. Willingness to 'get the job' done with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks.
- Applications are accepted only in English and only through the online application system: https://gwp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=33 NOT via e-mail.
- Interested candidates should prepare and submit a 1-page letter of motivation and maximum 2-page curriculum vitae to GWPO, clearly indicating Application for the position of "Young Professional: Technical Assistant of GWP Central Africa”.
- This call for applications is open to any Young Professional below 35 years.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- Professionals with a background from and/or living and working in Asian, African, Eastern European, Latin American, or Middle Eastern countries are encouraged to apply.
- GWP offers competitive remuneration as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies and agile decision-making, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth.
- Job Location: Yaounde, Cameroon